[Xquartz-dev] 2.3.1_beta1

Adam Mercer ramercer at gmail.com
Fri Aug 8 22:00:41 PDT 2008

On Fri, Aug 8, 2008 at 11:08 PM,  <xquartz-dev.5.mzs at spamgourmet.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just tried it on a PPC eMac with a one button mouse and the emulate
> three button mouse option turned on and I have noticed some issues. I did
> a reboot after the install just to make sure.
>
> One thing is that the auto launch stuff does not seem to work right. I did
> this from a Terminal.app window with X11 not running:
>
> eMac:~ mzs$ xterm
> Xlib: connection to "/tmp/launch-rNpZny/:0" refused by server
> Xlib: No protocol specified
>
> xterm Xt error: Can't open display: /tmp/launch-rNpZny/:0
<snip>

I see this behaviour as well.

X11.app automatically starts but I get the following error:

$ xterm
Xlib: connection to "/tmp/launch-qA0DIc/:0" refused by server
Xlib: No protocol specified

xterm Xt error: Can't open display: /tmp/launch-qA0DIc/:0
[1]+  Done                    xterm
$

after this all x apps start without issue, unless I manually quit x11.app.

Cheers

Adam