[Xquartz-dev] 2.3.1_beta1

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at apple.com
Sat Aug 9 10:12:38 PDT 2008

On Aug 8, 2008, at 21:08, xquartz-dev.5.mzs at spamgourmet.com wrote:
> One thing is that the auto launch stuff does not seem to work right.
> I did
> this from a Terminal.app window with X11 not running:
>
> eMac:~ mzs$ xterm
> Xlib: connection to "/tmp/launch-rNpZny/:0" refused by server
> Xlib: No protocol specified
>
> xterm Xt error: Can't open display: /tmp/launch-rNpZny/:0

Yeah.  Part of my fix didn't get committed.  It's in git now, so this
will be addressed in the next release.  Sorry for the confusion.

> The other thing is that I could have sworn that the emulate three
> button
> mouse used to use option and command. It now seems to use ctrl and
> option.
> This makes it so that you can't do the menus in xterm. I have not
> had to
> use a one button mouse is a really long time but I swear it used to
> work
> that way. I wonder if I can work around i with xmodmap?

Hmm... but control-click is right click for everything else on the
OS.  I could've sworn it was ctrl in Tiger.  I don't have a Tiger
system right now, but there's one that I'll have access to next week,
so I'll tripple check.

> Also the ctrl key does not seem to be very reliable.

As I mentioned, the only bugs I've addressed were the ones I
mentioned.  The mouse emulation and stuck modifier bug have not been
addressed yet.

> Also the ssh X11 forwarding did not seem to work very well at first. I
> sshed into a remote host (FreeBSD) and I got this (that I used to
> see a
> lot)

This is the same bug as the initial xterm not showing up and is fixed
in git.