[Xquartz-dev] 2.3.1_beta1

Martin Costabel costabel at wanadoo.fr
Sat Aug 9 11:51:01 PDT 2008

Viv Kendon wrote:
[]
> Right-click (button 2) is command-click in Tiger.

Viv, please don't confuse this even more than it is already. Long before
Windows came along with its 2-button mouse, X11 was made for 3-button
mice where buttons 1, 2, 3 are left, middle, right.

By all means make this configurable, but Jeremy, please don't make
ctrl-click = button2 or button3 by default. It is needed for
ctrl-button1. Until now, fortunately, I don't see this happening in
2.3.1_beta1, I see it only in the wrong text in the Preferences, where
it is written that one should "Hold Option or Control while clicking to
activate the middle or right mouse buttons".

Please, please, don't do this!

--
Martin