[Xquartz-dev] 2.3.1_beta1

John Koren jpkoren at gmail.com
Sat Aug 9 12:09:49 PDT 2008

Hi

I have reported what appears to be the the same problem in x11-users
on May 19 under the heading "3-button mouse emulation", but no one
responded with a confirmation of it.

Here is what I wrote then:
"I think this used to work correctly but now it does not.

With the 'Emulate three button mouse' checked in the X11.app
Preferences, one should be able to emulate middle and right mouse
buttons by clicking while holding Option and Command. Indeed this
works if you only want to simply highlight and paste in the xterm. But
if one wants to access other special features of xterm by pressing
control-middle button (i.e, conrol-option-click in 3-button emulated
mode) or control-right button (control-command-click), the emulation
does not work."

This problem persists and is very inconvenient when using my powerbook
G4 (Aluminum).

-John