[Xquartz-dev] 2.3.1_beta2

Martin Costabel costabel at wanadoo.fr
Fri Aug 15 00:01:58 PDT 2008

Jeremy Huddleston wrote:
> This release fixes:
>   the first-client-not-connecting bug I added in beta1
>   3-button mouse emulation
>   stuck modifier keys (atleast all the ones I could reproduce)
>
> Please give it a whirl.  I think this now tackles most of the major
> issues that surfaced after the 2.3.0 release.

There is something wrong with the emulation for button 3. On my
MacBookPro (trackpad), button 2 is now OK, even re-allowing the
ctrl-alt-click=ctrl-button2 drop-down menu in sterm. But cmd-click,
which should be button 3, now does nothing.

With xev I see that cmd-click produces a ButtonPress event with
"state 0x10, button 3". I think the "state" is wrong, it should be
"0x0". Otherwise it is interpreted as "cmd-button3" instead of just
"button3", and "cmd-button3" is not associated with any action.

I did not change any preference except activating the 3-button mouse
emulation and follow system keyboard layout. Here are the defaults:

costabel% defaults read org.x.X11
{
     "cache_fonts" = 1;
     depth = -1;