[Xquartz-dev] 2.3.1_rc1

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at apple.com
Sun Aug 17 13:50:40 PDT 2008

As some of you are aware, after the release of 2.2.0, I decided to
just announce release candidates to the xquartz-dev list and final
releases to the x11-users list.  With the release of 2.3.0, however,
that release candidate process didn't catch some show-stopper issues.
As a result, I've decided to announce "betas" to xquartz-dev and "rcs"
to x11-users.  These "rcs" are what I would've released under the old
process (no show stoppers found in the releases announced to the
xquartz-dev list), but this gives me an expanded user base to catch
additional show stoppers before I announce a final update on the
website and macupdate.com.

I've just uploaded a release candidate for 2.3.1, and I urge everyone
who experienced problems with 2.3.0 to give it a try.  The following
are the main issues addressed:

     * X11.app now properly notices button clicks with tablets
     * Fixed xinitrc / launchd-first-client race condition
     * Re-added old fallback keyboard map detection fallback with
extra debugging
     * Capslock "press ignored" bug is fixed.
     * Fixed stuck modifier key bug
     * Fixed 3-button mouse emulation
     * The list of modifiers allowed in the fake_button{2,3} defaults
has been expanded:
           o fn,{l,r,}{command,alt,shift,control}

package:
http://static.macosforge.org/xquartz/downloads/X11-2.3.1_rc1.pkg