[Xquartz-dev] 2.3.1_rc2

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at apple.com
Tue Aug 26 02:04:42 PDT 2008

I'd like to announce 2.3.1_rc2 as ready for testing.  I've changed a
few things since rc1, so I want to run it by you all on xquartz-dev
before I announce it to x11-users.

Changes over 2.3.1_rc1:

# I bumped the version of mesa used to build the server from 7.0.3 to
7.0.4
# I bumped the version of mesa used for libGLU, libglut, libOSMesa,
glxgears, and glxinfo to 7.1-rc4
# I'm now shipping libGLw.dylib as well
# Fixed a possible crash in SwitchCoreKeyboard resulting from the use
of tablets (or anything sending NSTabletPoint events)
# Made the delay before adding the launchd socket 3 seconds instead of
2 (xinitrc race kludge)
# Added appkit_modifiers defaults option which users can set to
'rcommand' to get access to the input menu with right command (for
example)
   ^^^ This is the best I can do for now for people wanting command-
space input menu support.
# Added window_item_modifiers defaults item (and option to
localization) to change the modifier keys used for the windows menu.
   ^^^ This is a localization issue... Apparently french users like
using command-alt-1 instead of command-1 to choose the first window.
go figure.

I also added debugging info for the NewCurrentScreen crash, so this
will hopefully get that debugging code "out there" more, so someone
might actually trigger the bug and be able to hand me something useful
to fix it with.

If I get no complaints about this, I'll announce it to x11-users
Wednesday.

http://static.macosforge.org/xquartz/downloads/X11-2.3.1_rc2.pkg

Thanks,
Jeremy