[Xquartz-dev] Application menu no longer customizable

Martin Costabel costabel at wanadoo.fr
Sat Aug 30 03:29:40 PDT 2008

Since at least 2.3.1-rc2 (but it may have started earlier), I cannot use
the "Customize..." facility of the Applications menu in X11.app any more.

That is, if I choose "Customize...", the form comes up and I can add new
commands in the form or change existing commands, but they do not appear
in the Applications menu.

I can add entries via "defaults write org.x.X11 apps_menu -array-add
'...'", and they show up, although then the default entries disappear,
but modification from inside X11.app is impossible.

Is this a known bug?

--
Martin