[Xquartz-dev] 2.3.1rc2 and libGLw

Jack Howarth howarth at bromo.msbb.uc.edu
Sat Aug 30 06:42:44 PDT 2008

   The change to reintroduce the libGLw.dylib seems like
a rather bad idea. Ben Byer told me when Leopard was
released that Apple decided to depreciate the libGLw
support because Motif itself wasn't shipped with X11.
To solve this, I created a mesa-libglw fink package with
variants to provide libGLw libraries built against each of the
possible Motif's (lesstif, openmotif3...which is 2.2.4
and openmotif4...which is 2.3.0). These are also
explicitly linked against the Motif library that is
used. Since the Motif headers used to build libGLw
vary in the exact symbols that are defined, it is very
bad form to try to use a single libGLw for all possible
Motif libraries that could be linked into a program.
                               Jack

http://pdb.finkproject.org/pdb/browse.php?summary=mesa-libglw