[Xquartz-dev] quartz-wm zoom button

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at apple.com
Fri Dec 5 12:37:37 PST 2008

On Dec 5, 2008, at 01:11, Viv Kendon wrote:

> I picked up quartz-wm-20081204.1.bz2 and it is indeed fixed --
> thanks!  I just noticed that after maximising an xterm you can't
> unmaximise it again.  I presume this is a problem with xterm, since
> maximising works as expected for other windows?

No, that's one more hint (size increments) that we need to be careful
about.

This should fix it:
http://people.freedesktop.org/~jeremyhu/quartz-wm-20081205.bz2

That should also allow you to "unmaximize" vncviewer, etc...

>> Well, windows opened behind rather than on top, two at once jumped
>> sideways by half their width to the left partly off screen, focus
>> got stuck on the wrong windows (the one behind rather than the one
>> the mouse was actually over...)  This was all before I dropped in
>> quartz-wm-20081203 though.
>> I'll give it another go tomorrow on the same machine, with quartz-
>> wm-20081204 in place as well.  It could just have been an instance
>> of "the first relaunch of X11 after an upgrade has a strop that
>> isn't reproducible", that several others have also reported
>> experiencing.
>
> I'm think I'm now running this version of Xquartz with no problems:
>
> ls -l Xquartz*
> 56 -rwxr-xr-x 1 root wheel 53484 Dec  4 13:47 Xquartz*
> 40 -rwxr-xr-x 1 root wheel 39200 Nov 27 06:47 Xquartz-1.4.2-apple25*
>
> I can only tell it is apple26 because it is bigger, it still reports
> itself as being apple25 when I ask "about X11".

Really?  I see "XQuartz 2.3.2 (xorg-server 1.4.2-apple26)"

> I just remembered it actually crashed when I ran it the first time,
> crash report attached.  I was trying to resize the panes in the
> "Customize" bit of the X11 Applications menu when it died.  I've
> just done the same thing successfully with no crash this time.

Your crash log is reporting:

X.Org X Server 1.4.2-apple21 Build Date: 20081026

That was a known crash in that version of Xquartz and is fixed in the
current version.