[Xquartz-dev] X11 2.3.x on Leopard

Glenn Eychaner geychaner at mac.com
Sat Dec 6 18:29:43 PST 2008

On Dec 6, 2008, at 12:00 PM, xquartz-dev-request at lists.macosforge.org
wrote:
> Subject: Re: [Xquartz-dev] X11 2.3.1 on Leopard
>
> Sorry, what version of Leopard again. This sounds like an old tty
> driver bug that hit Terminal.app too, but it was fixed in a SU.

Leopard 10.5.5.  I have attached another series of dumps from X11
2.3.0, showing similar behavior amongst the Xterms and XGterms.  The
sequence of events:

1) Launch X11 by launching an Xterm (or XGterm) from a Terminal.
2) Launch a number of additional Xterms (or XGterms) from the
Applications menu
3) Type in the original Xterm.
4) Start closing the new ones.  The original will hang, and eventually
die.
5) At this point, it's all downhill.

While writing this, my download of 2.3.2rc2 finished, and I installed
it.  I have NOT been able to reproduce the bug in 2.3.2rc2, despite
repeated attempts.  When do you estimate a 2.3.2 release?

-G.
--
Glenn Eychaner (geychaner at lco.cl)
Telescope Systems Programmer, Las Campanas Observatory