[Xquartz-dev] 2.3.2_rc3

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at apple.com
Sun Dec 7 00:02:22 PST 2008

We're very close to release of X11-2.3.2 for Leopard.  Here's the
latest rc with recent fixes:

http://static.macosforge.org/xquartz/downloads/X11-2.3.2_rc3.dmg

== Changes since 2.3.2_rc2 ==

* Fixed some quartz-wm misbehavior with window maximization
* The pointer xinput device is back to reporting the pixel location
rather than screen relative 16bit location
* Fix Czech & Greek keyboard dead-acute
* Setup PATH and PWD for the initial xterm
* Added defaults option to enable/disable test extensions
* Corrected name/command labels in the customization widget

== Known Issues ==

The only known showstopper at this point is related to stereo GLX (and
specifically how pymol uses it).  If you have a stereo capable system
and you setup pymol to "autodetect stereo capability" but don't check
the "use stereo" checkbox in your preferences, you'll experience a
display problem.   Below is a quote from the pymol developer on how to
workaround this problem.

> The workaround is one of the following:
>
> If you're going to flip back and forth from mono to stereo and back on
> the fly, then you need to "set stereo_double_pump_mono".  This can be
> done at launch time with the "-S" option, which also forces PyMOL into
> stereo mode at the start.
>
> # should give stereo from the start:
>
> ./pymol -S
>
> # should give working mono inside a stereo context:
>
> ./pymol -S -d 'stereo off'
>
> If you're only going to work in mono, then the "-M" command line
> option
> will prevent allocation of a stereo context.
>
> ./pymol -M

Aside from this pymol/GLX issue, I'd consider this pretty much release-
worthy.  Please give this a thorough testing, and report any new issues.

Thanks,
Jeremy