[Xquartz-dev] starting xquartz within a java process

Lorinc Hever lorinc.hever at gmail.com
Sun Dec 7 13:13:01 PST 2008

Hello,

I'm working on a feasibility to start xquartz from a java process with
JNI. My goal would be to keep the X server in the same process as my
java application so this way I can manipulate the X windows itself
(mainly reparent, resize and show/hide). To able to do the window
manipulation I have to keep X and java in the same process.

First I compiled xquartz as a shared object and started with
server_main, but this crashed my application since the Java AWT
already has an NSApplication, then  I went lower level and tried  with
the dix_main which ended up in a segfault what I haven't debugged yet.

Could somebody help me what's the right approach to do this?

Thanks in advance!

Lorinc