[Xquartz-dev] 2.3.2_rc3

Brandon Allbery allbery at kf8nh.com
Sun Dec 7 22:49:27 PST 2008

On 2008 Dec 8, at 1:16, Jeremy Huddleston wrote:
> On Dec 7, 2008, at 22:00, Brandon Allbery wrote:

>>> Right, this is using the Quartz version of mplayer.
>>
>> Seems to me when X11.app loses focus any incomplete events should
>> be terminated:  KeyRelease for any KeyPresses, mouse drags, etc.
>
> KeyRelease is a separate event than a KeyPress.  They are not the
> "start" and "stop" of a s

Right, just as a mouse drag consists of a series of pointer movement
events bracketed by a button down and button up.  Which complicates
things, but more to the point tells you what kinds of situations will
need to be tracked in order to get this right.  (Are there any other
event combinations that need this?)

system administrator [openafs,heimdal,too many hats] allbery at ece.cmu.edu