[Xquartz-dev] My RADAR report 6165507

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at apple.com
Sat Dec 13 22:15:58 PST 2008

Hi Peter,

That diagnosis was actually resulting from this bit of information
from the list reported last month:

Begin forwarded message:

> From: "Brian Bender" <zt4q4o402 at sneakemail.com>
> Date: October 27, 2008 09:56:09 PDT
> To: xquartz-dev at lists.macosforge.org
> Subject: Re: [Xquartz-dev] Modifier keys don't work (with 3-btn
> emulation disabled)
> >

> On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 12:45 PM, Jeremy Huddleston
> jeremyhu-at-apple.com |Xquartz-dev/personal|
> <...> wrote:
>> Yeah, I've heard reports of this problem over vnc.  Is it really a
>> bug with
>> your vnc viewer or is it a bug with the OSX vnc server?  I was
>> under the
>> impression it was the vnc server.
>
> I'm pretty sure it's just the vncviewer. If I connect to the same vnc
> server with Leopard's Screen\ Sharing.app, the modifiers get passed as
> expected.
>
> - Brian

So, it looks like the Leopard Screen Sharing.app is working for Brian
but not for you... this is most off.  Brian, can you confirm that the
modifier settings are working as expected with Screen Sharing.app?