[Xquartz-dev] xorg-server on Macports (works with Tiger)

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Freenet.DE
Wed Dec 17 04:46:38 PST 2008

Am 17.12.2008 um 06:36 schrieb Jeremy Huddleston:

>> I updated X11R7.4. In app/xinit/privileged_startx/client.c still
>> bootstrap_strerror() is used, no case for Tiger prepared.
>
> What do you mean by that?

That a function bootstrap_strerror() is used. It's not defined in
Tiger. You patched xserver à la:

	#if MAC_OS_X_VERSION_MIN_REQUIRED >= 1050
	        fprintf(stderr, "bootstrap_look_up(): %s\n",
bootstrap_strerror(kr));
	#else
	        fprintf(stderr, "bootstrap_look_up(): %ul\n", (unsigned long)
kr);
	#endif

>> I configured xorg-server 1.4.2-apple27 without launchd support.
>
> xorg-server doesn't use launchd at all... That's all in xinit.

The configure script in app/xinit does not know anything of launchd.
Only xserver's configure mentions this option, as far as I have found.

SecUpd2008-008PPC.dmg, http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/

--
Greetings

   Pete

Clovis' Consideration of an Atmospheric Anomaly:
         The perversity of nature is nowhere better demonstrated
         than by the fact that, when exposed to the same atmosphere,
         bread becomes hard while crackers become soft.