[Xquartz-dev] 2.3.2_rc4

Harald Hanche-Olsen hanche at math.ntnu.no
Sun Dec 21 08:41:47 PST 2008

+ Martin Costabel <costabel at wanadoo.fr>:

> The problem with spaces in the directory name is not the problem we
> were discussing here.

There are several discussions going at once, so it's really hard to
know what is being discussed at any given time.

> Jeremy's wrapper script in rc4 has this problem, as has my wrapper
> script. If you find a solution for it, it will be welcome.

Oh, now I see it:

"$(dirname $0)"/X11.bin "${@}"

should really be more like

dir=$(dirname "$0")
"${dir}/X11.bin" "${@}"

instead. I think that is rock solid.

> OK, I see that it was you who proposed it.

Right, and I said "something along the lines of" when proposing it,
and Jeremy just used it as is.

> It doesn't work when X11.app is in a directory with spaces in its
> name.

Indeed, it needs changing along the lines of the above.

Jeremy, fix it please?

- Harald