[Xquartz-dev] 1.4.2-apple29

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at apple.com
Mon Dec 22 11:48:30 PST 2008

On Dec 22, 2008, at 03:24, Zulli, Louis P wrote:

> Hi Jeremy,
>
> I dropped in the new X11.bin. I see "XQuartz 2.3.2_rc4 (xorg-server
> 1.4.2-apple29)" in the About X11 window, so the binary is being used.
>
> I'm having root window problems, perhaps similar to those reported
> by Viv Kendon, if memory serves. For reference, I have the X11 "Full-
> screen mode" box checked and the "Auto-show menu bar in full-screen
> mode" unchecked.
>
> With X11.app not open, I type "xsetroot -solid red" in Terminal.
> This automatically starts X11. I click on the X11 dock icon and I
> see a solid red screen. I do "command-option-a" and my Desktop
> appears with X11 as the active application. I immediately do another
> "command-option-a" and the menu bar disappears but no red screen. I
> still see my Desktop, and clicking on it simply activates Finder.

I don't think this was not one of the issues that Viv reported... (or
if it was, it was one that I can't dig up and fell through the
cracks).  Please report this at http://xquartz.macosforge.org so it
doesn't get lost.

If I can come up with a fix in the next few days, I'll include it...
otherwise it will have to wait for 2.3.3 or 2.4.0 ...

> Something seems amiss.
>
> By the way, I was surprised to see that the size of this new X11.bin
> is 6.5M compared to 3.4M.

It has debug symbols in it.