[Xquartz-dev] 2.3.2_rc5 quitting and restarting

Zulli, Louis P zullil at lafayette.edu
Wed Dec 31 14:50:03 PST 2008

This new binary seems to have corrected the problem. As a test, I put an xeyes in my .xinitrc

xsetroot -mod 2 2 -bg Red -fg Orange
xeyes &
. /usr/X11/lib/X11/xinit/xinitrc >& ${HOME}/xinitrc-debug.txt

Before installing your new X11.bin, I was having the same problem (I believe) that John reported.

I installed the new binary and invoked xterm in Terminal.app. No hang. The only issue is that the xeyes window appears briefly in front of my Desktop before the root window appears. But I ended up with xeyes and xterm on my root screen, and no more hang/non-responsive X11.

Louis