[Xquartz-dev] hi, and a few opening questions

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at berkeley.edu
Sat Feb 16 10:51:21 PST 2008

Hi Paul,

This is a rather loaded question you're asking.  Firstly regarding the
native vs X11 performance issues.  You might want to speak with folks
at OpenOffice.org as I recall them mentioning this as well.  Perhaps
they may have some suggestions for tweaking your native build.

XQuartz itself is just an X server.  Most of the functionality you
mention in the last paragraph is specific to the session manager or
window manager (quartz-wm in out case) and has not been implemented.
That being said, I very much hope that one day we will be able to have
drag-and-drop between X and native apps, better integrated clipboard
support, etc.  There are just many more pressing issues before we can
tackle this one.  The menu bar feature is the one that I least expect
to ever be supported.