[Xquartz-dev] expose window selection info

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at freedesktop.org
Fri Jan 4 12:42:20 PST 2008

Well, if we should be getting XP_EVENT_WINDOW_STATE_CHANGED on expose
window changes, we're not.  I just verified it with DEBUG_LOG, and the
only time I'm ever seeing XP_EVENT_WINDOW_STATE_CHANGED is on show/
hide (including spaces "F8")... plus it seems like that is how it
should be, right?

If X11 is the foreground applicaiton, Expose works for selection the
first window made by X11.  If you select any other X11 window, hit F9,
then choose the first X11 window, focus switches correctly.  Doing
this shows the following in the debug log:

quartz.c:QuartzProcessEvent:501 kXDarwinBringAllToFront
darwinEvents.c:ProcessInputEvents:535 kxDarwinUpdateModifiers(0, 0,
(empty))

when you try focusing on another window via expose, focus remains on
the current window, and you just see:
darwinEvents.c:ProcessInputEvents:535 kxDarwinUpdateModifiers(0, 0,
(empty))

FTR, I'm almost positive that the kXDarwinBringAllToFront is a
biproduct of it working, not the cause of it working.

Additionally, QuartzProcessEvent isn't getting the kXDarwinActivate
event when switching in from another application via expose like it is
when switching normally.