[Xquartz-dev] 2.1.2 release candidate

Jamie Kennea jamie at pompey.org
Tue Jan 8 11:28:55 PST 2008

On Jan 8, 2008, at 1:08 PM, Jeremy Huddleston wrote:

> I've thrown together a release candidate for 2.1.2 containing our
> most recent fixes.  Most notably, the way X starts up has been
> changed to use xinit.  This should fix our fast-user-switching
> regression, but hasn't been stress tested too extensively (I've been
> using it for the past couple weeks, but I don't start & stop X
> much).  Please try it out, and let me know if there are any problems
> with the installer or show-stopper bugs.

I just tried to install it on a clean Leopard machine (i.e. with the
original Apple X11) and it wouldn't start up X11 when clicking on the
icon or going into Terminal.app and typing "xterm". Unfortunately the
machine was not under my control (the sysadmin was hovering over me
and annoyed that I just broke X11 on the machine), so I didn't have
much chance to debug why.

Installing 2.1.1 over the top fixed the issue.

Jamie