[Xquartz-dev] programs that trigger new X11 launch don't get settings from xrdb

Lee Aylward lee at laylward.com
Wed Jul 9 22:05:27 PDT 2008

Hi,

I apologize if this has been discussed before, but I was unable to
find any significant mention of it.

I have a number of urxvt settings in .Xresources which are ignored
because launchd runs xinit after urxvt is started. I did see one
solution of making a shell script to run xrdb and then urxvt [1], but
this does not seem like a great solution as it would have to be done
for every application that has a xrdb entry.

I can't think of any clean solution, but I do think it is a problem
that merits some thought.

Thanks,
--
Lee Aylward