[Xquartz-dev] 2.3.0-rc5

Martin Costabel costabel at wanadoo.fr
Thu Jul 10 02:00:39 PDT 2008

Mengjuei Hsieh wrote:
> I got a crash about the pixman library.
[]
> Dyld Error Message:
>   Library not loaded: /usr/X11/lib/libpixman-1.0.dylib
>   Referenced from: /Applications/Utilities/X11.app/Contents/MacOS/X11
>   Reason: Incompatible library version: X11 requires version 12.0.0 or
> later, but libpixman-1.0.dylib provides version 11.0.0

The _rc5 package is not a complete X11 installation; it doesn't contain
most of the dylibs in /usr/X11/lib. So if you install it on top of an
older version of xquartz, it will fail. If you install it on top of
stock Leopard X11, you won't have libpixman-1 at all, and it will fail,
too. Somewhere between versions 2.2.0 and 2.2.3 of xquartz, libpixman-1
has switched to compatibility_version 12, so if you want to test rc5,
you need to install xquartz-2.2.3 or -2.3.0_rc4 first.

I would recommend to wait for _rc6.

--
Martin