[Xquartz-dev] 2.3.0-rc6

Jordan K. Hubbard jkh at apple.com
Sun Jul 13 12:17:08 PDT 2008

On Jul 13, 2008, at 11:54 AM, Martin Costabel wrote:

> But aren't your *.la files created by autotools build systems, thus
> gnu
> libtool, too? I don't see how they can become incoherent.

At initial build time, I'm sure they're consistent.  The question is
what happens when we software update something like libxml2.dylib - we
might not take the corresponding .la file since the .la files are sort
of "side effects" of the current build process, not something we've
made a clear commitment to ship and to update.

- Jordan