[Xquartz-dev] 2.3.0 not playing well with spaces hot-key combination (locking control key)

Darren Nickerson darren.nickerson at ifax.com
Thu Jul 31 16:19:13 PDT 2008

Folks,

I just updated my 10.5.4 box to X11-2.3.0 and I'm experiencing a
rather annoying issue. I use a hotkey combination (CTRL + arrow keys)
to move around between spaces. When I use this combination to switch
out of the space where X11 is runninig, whenever I return to that
space (either by hotkeys or using the spaces dock icon) all of my
xterms seem to think the CTRL key is still held down. If I press the
CTRL key and release it after coming into the X11 space the problem
seems to clear itself.

I do not see this problem if I use the dock to move out of this space
and use a hot-key to come back in.

I do not see this problem if I use the dock to move out of this space
and use the dock to come back in.

I only see this problem if I switch out of this space using the CTRL
+arrow hot key combination.

Is this a known issue?

-Darren