[Xquartz-dev] Weird situation with 2.3.0-rc3

Vincent Morénas morenas at in2p3.fr
Tue Jun 10 09:28:21 PDT 2008

Hello,

I have installed 2.3.0-rc3 and been using it for about a week now...
flawlessly for my usage.
But this morning the X11.app crashed while I was resizing a window (I
was connected to a distant machine through ssh) and since then,
there's something wrong with the launch mechanism : with the terminal
app , if I type xlogo for instance, X11 starts and then I get this
message :
	Xlib: connection to "/tmp/launch-aOgpYn/:0" refused by server
	Xlib: No protocol specified
If I type xlogo again, with that X11 app freshly launched and running,
the logo appears and no more error messages.... (racing condition?)

I decided to re-install 2.3.0-rc3 from scratch (I hope I erased all
traces of X11 before : I lsbom-ed the receipts of the installed
package to see where the files were written and I also erased the X11
preferences from my home directory).... same behaviour with the new
install.
So I removed X11 2.3.0-rc3 once again and installed 2.2.1... the
problem didn't appear.
Finally I re-installed 2.3.0-rc3 over 2.2.1, and the problem
returned !!!

I don't understand what has changed before and after the crash. Any
idea ?
I have attached the crash log for those interested.

Thanks.

Vincent.