[Xquartz-dev] 2.3.0-rc4

xquartz-dev.5.mzs at spamgourmet.com xquartz-dev.5.mzs at spamgourmet.com
Fri Jun 13 05:22:10 PDT 2008

Hi,

I have tried it on my ppc and it seems to work fine. I see this one issue,
I think I saw it before.

reboot
login as user foo
fire-up a Terminal window

$ xlsclients
$ su - bar
$ rm .Xauthority
$ DISPLAY=:0 xlogo

The xlogo window pops-up even though I have the authenticate option set in
the preferences. It should not be possible for another user to do that on
the same machine unless they know the magic cookie.

If I do 'xauth list' I see that cookies never seem to be created for me.

Thanks again for the hard work.

mzs

PS: For a bit now selection in gvim has seemed a bit slower in particular
when I am X11 forwarding via ssh but that is just a feeling I have never
timed it before. It always seemed instantaneous and now there is the
slightest pause. It may be because of something I have did in gvim though,
I am using a newer gvim version recently too.