[Xquartz-dev] Building Xquartz git snapshot(how to?)

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at berkeley.edu
Sun Mar 16 21:02:35 PDT 2008

The main thing you want to work on is xorg-server.  The instructions
are on that page.  You basically do this for every package:

./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr/X11 --disable-dependency-tracking
make
sudo make install DESTDIR=/var/tmp/X11_dist

then use Package Maker.app to make an installer from /var/tmp/X11_dist

The main thing that needs to be focused on is xorg-server.  Here's the
script I use for compiling the server:
http://svn.macosforge.org/repository/xquartz/trunk/compile-xserver.sh

--Jeremy