[Xquartz-dev] Building Xquartz git snapshot(how to?)

Martin Costabel costabel at wanadoo.fr
Mon Mar 17 06:12:50 PDT 2008

Michał Majchrowicz wrote:
> I wasn't even able to uninstall xquartz-2.1.4 update :) If I have some
> problem I just install 10.5.2 combo update once again and it fixes
> everything :)

There is also the file /System/Library/LaunchAgents/org.x.X11.plist to
take care of. It is essential for the launching of X11, and it comes in
several very different and incompatible variants. The ones from raw
Leopard, from the 10.5.2 OSX update, and from the 2.1.4 xquartz update
are each incompatible with the other versions of X11. This file is
contained in the X11.*.pkg from the xquartz updates; on the 10.5 system
disk, it is *not* contained in X11User.pkg nor in X11SDK.pkg.

There are 2 more plist files in /System/Library/Launch{Agents,Daemons},
but their incompatibility seems to be less fatal for the working of X11.

--
Martin