[Xquartz-dev] glx and multi-sampling

Pelle Johansson morth at morth.org
Tue Mar 18 00:28:55 PDT 2008

I ran into the same problem with the fbconfig extension. The problem
is that it is probably not supported for direct rendering, only for
indirect.

In glxinfo, check out the section called "GLX extensions", those are
the ones active for the current connection. By default there's no
multisampling in OS X.
Then set the env var LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT=1, and try again,
multisampling is supported (but indirect connection is of course much
slower).

The solution is to get a newer mesa library, with better support. I
made some work on a recent mesa, but it's not complete yet, and a
better solution would be to implement the XF86Dri extension instead of
Apple-DRI. Check out the thread "apple-dri for TOT mesa".
--
Pelle Johansson