[Xquartz-dev] X11 2.2.0_rc1

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at apple.com
Sun Mar 23 00:47:37 PDT 2008

I've put together a release candidate pkg of 2.2.0.  Look at the
ChangeLog on the site for more details about specifics.  Here are a
few highlights:

X11 Preferences:
   Disabled fullscreen and 256 color since they're not working
   Added 'Windows' tab which toggles quartz-wm options without need to
restart
   Added new 'focus on new window' preference for X11 which chooses
whether or not to claim focus when a new window is created.
Versions of apps/libs/etc bumpled to X11R7.4 versions as of a few
weeks ago
glut, cairo, and ttmkfdir added
lockup in libGL commonly seen in darwine fixed
exposé bug fixed

This is a *FULL* release, not just an update.  You can install this if
you have no existing X11 on your system (and installing it over an
existing X11 works fine too).  It includes everything that would be in
X11User and X11SDK.  I highly recommend installing this first if you
want to help develop since it will install all the current protocol
headers.

I am going on vacation for a week starting on Tuesday.  I'll still be
handling email and maybe minor issues, but don't want X11 to consume
my trip, so I apologize in advance if my mailing list response time is
a bit low for the next week or so.

Please test it out and send me feedback (backup your /usr/X11 first).
I'm hoping to release this some time in the first week of April after
I've had time to look into a few crashes that have been reported to
see if I can get fixes for those as well.

http://xquartz.macosforge.org/downloads/X11-2.2.0_rc1.pkg