[Xquartz-dev] Google Summer of Code 2008 query

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at berkeley.edu
Thu Mar 27 19:36:05 PDT 2008

If you search the xquartz-dev and x11-users archives, you should find
some discussion about this.  Pelle Johansson and I both made some
stabs at fixing DRI for OSX.  Pelle made a bit more progress than I
did (there are patches in this lists archives around March 7)... but
this still used Apple-DRI.  We'd like to migrate over to using XF86-
DRI instead, so we don't waste cycles re-creating the wheel.  Plus
this allows us to just maintain the interface between Mesa and
OpenGL.framework rather than the entire DRI infrastructure as well.

--Jeremy