[Xquartz-dev] 1.4.0-apple6

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at apple.com
Thu May 1 19:48:40 PDT 2008

I've uploaded a new Xquartz binary for the 1.4 branch.  This fixes the
crash that sometimes occurred when exiting as well as the multimonitor
issue when the primary display was not the upper left monitor.  Just
drop it in over 2.2.1's /usr/X11/bin/Xquartz to test.

http://xquartz.macosforge.org/downloads/Xquartz-1.4.0-apple6.bz2

There are currently no known crashes and no known regressions over
1.3.0-apple20 (which is what comes with 2.2.1).  Please test this and
let me know how it goes for you.

I'm looking around May 15 or so for the 2.3 release which will be
mostly the same as 2.2.1 but with the newer server.  Please test out
the following areas:

multi-monitor support: It shouldn't be worse than the 1.3 server ...
but I'm going to try improving it more for the next release.
tablet support: Ben is handling this, and it looks like it's coming
along, but there are still some issues where gtk isn't seeing it as a
tablet
xkb: Please test out 1.4 if you have any keyboard other than an Apple
US English Keyboard

Also, if you've been having the _xp_async_dequeue lockup, I've heard
that it is gone in 1.4... so all known crashes and lockups are gone.
(in other words, make it crash and tell me what you did to break it)