[Xquartz-dev] New X11 icon

Jordan K. Hubbard jkh at apple.com
Sat May 17 17:15:32 PDT 2008

On May 17, 2008, at 2:23 AM, Simone Karin Lehmann wrote:

> It was quite a while ago that I was bored with X11.app's b&w icon. And
> since X.org has a, IMO, more pleasing and colorful logo I created a
> new icon. It's based on this logo and the SVG I've found under http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:X.Org_Logo.svg

Hmmm.  Nicht schlect!   Das schaut ganz besser als unsere aktuelle
Icon aus. :)

OK, that's about it for my rusty rusty german, so I'll switch to
english...  I think it's certainly an excellent candidate to replace
the current icon, and the right way of going about that would be to:

1. Put a license on your logo which makes it clear you're releasing it
under the same X.org license.
2. Submit it in a ticket to Xquartz (New Bug Report)

As long as the proper procedures are followed, I see no reason why it
couldn't be in future X11.app bundles.   Contributions of artwork as
well as code are always appreciated.  Thanks, Simone!

- Jordan