[Xquartz-dev] 2.3.2_beta3

Mike Krogh mfkrogh at ensight.com
Tue Nov 11 16:42:01 PST 2008

I just went back through all the releases from 2.2.2 up to and
including 2.3.2_beta3.  beta3 is the only one that exhibits the
problem.  Attached is a CrashReporter log file from beta3.  The crash
is in the CoreAudio library which just happens to coincide with the
dialog giving the bell sound; which isn't heard with beta3.

Also, the dialog windows seem to stay in place between opening,
closing, and reopening them up to and including 2.3.2_beta2.  I can't
find anywhere in our application where the gravity is explicitly set.
This is what 'xwininfo' has to say about the dialogs:

xwininfo: Window id: 0xe0032d "Part color, lighting, & transparency"

   Absolute upper-left X:  516
   Absolute upper-left Y:  319
   Relative upper-left X:  0
   Relative upper-left Y:  22
   Width: 279
   Height: 682
   Depth: 24
   Visual Class: TrueColor
   Border width: 0
   Class: InputOutput
   Colormap: 0x21 (not installed)
   Bit Gravity State: ForgetGravity
   Window Gravity State: NorthWestGravity
   Backing Store State: NotUseful
   Save Under State: yes
   Map State: IsViewable
   Override Redirect State: no
   Corners:  +516+319  -2165+319  -2165-49  +516-49
   -geometry 279x682+516-49

Hope this helps!

-Mike