[Xquartz-dev] 2.3.2_beta3

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at apple.com
Tue Nov 11 18:39:57 PST 2008

On Nov 11, 2008, at 18:17, Dave Ray wrote:

> Overall the new release has many bug fixes and improvements - Thanks
> Jeremy!
>
> Some feedback:
> Mine also crashes when the system alert bell supposed to go off,
> like hitting the delete key at the terminal prompt.

Yeah, this'll be fixed in the next beta or (more likely) rc. ... just
enable the 'use system alert' option in X11 preferences for now to
workaround the bug.

> I am still seeing occasional drawing errors from short-lived GUI
> components, such as part of a drop menu or tooltip. It seems that
> every once in a while a menu or popup would be drawn briefly, went
> away, and would leave a white silhouette instead of being filled by
> the background or next layer behind.

Yeah... I'm looking into it, but this might wait for 2.3.3 for a
fix ... I think it's related to the long-standing "mysterious white
rectangles" bug that's been present since 2.0 (sorry... it's better to
have fullscreen as a buggy feature than a missing feature for now,
IMO)...