[Xquartz-dev] geometry regression in 2.3.2-beta3

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at apple.com
Wed Nov 12 16:27:42 PST 2008

On Nov 12, 2008, at 14:55, robert delius royar wrote:

> I reinstalled the package and am running the provided xterm.  The
> problem is not in it.  Could you tell me the configure options you
> use to compile?  The resulting executable has the same libraries as
> the one in the package

I use (you can find this on your own by digging through http://www.opensource.apple.com/darwinsource/10.5.5
  if you're curious about other packages):

--prefix=/usr/X11 --disable-static --disable-dependency-tracking --
disable-nls
--mandir=/usr/X11/share/man --enable-wide-chars --enable-luit --
enable-256-color
--enable-logging --enable-load-vt-fonts

<snip/>

> I recompiled without the '--enable-toolbar' configure option, and
> the resulting executable opens where geometry tells it to.

So then something with --enable-toolbar is causing the new quartz-wm
to not like your -geometry... Tom, have you seen that before?  What
does --enable-toolbar do with respect to window placement that is
different than --disable-toolbar?