[Xquartz-dev] meta keys with 2.3.2-beta3

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Mon Nov 17 21:35:47 PST 2008

On 14Nov2008 20:50, Jeremy Huddleston <jeremyhu at apple.com> wrote:
> Nope... default should be:
>
> ~ $ xmodmap
> xmodmap:  up to 2 keys per modifier, (keycodes in parentheses):
>
> shift       Shift_L (0x40),  Shift_R (0x44)
> lock        Caps_Lock (0x41)
> control     Control_L (0x43),  Control_R (0x46)
> mod1        Mode_switch (0x42),  Mode_switch (0x45)
> mod2        Meta_L (0x3f),  Meta_R (0x47)
> mod3
> mod4
> mod5
>
> Do you have a ~/.Xmodmap

No, but I had forgotten that I have a script that hacks the xmodmap.
Found it. How embarassing.
I'm going to have to bind something to "Insert", too, so I can paste
since I've turned off three button emulation...

While I've got your attention, is the big white rectangles bug still in
the list? I have a datum for you. I'm running 2.3.2rc1 (now) in full
screen mode. When I start X11 usually as a side effect if starting an
X11 client, my few windows or so come up on the Apple desktop. I believe
these are the apps that start ahead of the window manager itself.

Anyway, once its up I have a large white rectangle on _both_ the Apple
desktop and on the X11 full-screen desktop, in the original location of
a terminal window that is started. Likewise the clock. Both of these get
reparented by the window manager when it starts a bit later. Hopefully
this helps characterise things some more.

Cheers,
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

The doctrine of eminent domain, which allows the government to steal anything
it wants, is regarded with repugnance by most people, but lawyers say it is
legal and proper, because government has been stealing things for a long time.
        - Robert Anton Wilson