[Xquartz-dev] geometry regression in 2.3.2-beta3

Tom Lane tgl at sss.pgh.pa.us
Tue Nov 18 13:11:39 PST 2008

Jeremy Huddleston <jeremyhu at apple.com> writes:
> On Nov 18, 2008, at 11:22, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Well, isn't this interesting: with that version of quartz-wm I don't
>> see the problem.  Now what?

> It's the same as http://people.freedesktop.org/~jeremyhu/quartz-wm-debug-20081117.2.bz2
>   with debugging output...

Really?  It acts quite a lot different:
* pops up a bunch of xterms and an xclock that I didn't ask for
* uses different window title decoration
* locks up hard if I try to start X by clicking its dock icon, rather
  than letting some app request it

I assumed this was just side-effects of your debug support, but if
that stuff shouldn't be happening, maybe something else going on?

> Did you forget to restart X11.app after installing the binary from
> yesterday?

No.

			regards, tom lane