[Xquartz-dev] 2.3.2_beta3 on Tiger

George Peter Staplin georgeps at xmission.com
Tue Nov 18 15:11:23 PST 2008

Quoted Peter Dyballa <Peter_Dyballa at Freenet.DE>:
[snip]
> I am using 'git pull' to update a module. I am assuming it fetches the
> updates from the appropriate version and haven't much thought of
> manually installing a particular module version. Now I'll give it a try!

http://xquartz.macosforge.org/trac/wiki/DeveloperInfo

I use: "git branch" and "git checkout" the particular branch I'm
working on.  Then use "git pull" to get the latest changes, assuming I
haven't made any changes (read the bit about git fetch too on the wiki).

Also be aware of "git status" to see what you've changed.  I think I'm
using a newer/different? version of git than the DeveloperInfo page
was documented for, because the branch and checkout commands are
arguments to the git command (no hyphen).

George
--
http://people.freedesktop.org/~gstaplin/