[Xquartz-dev] 2.3.2_beta3 on Tiger in X11R7.2

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Freenet.DE
Thu Nov 20 11:29:23 PST 2008

Am 20.11.2008 um 19:37 schrieb Jeremy Huddleston:

> You need to install xfixesproto first.  I should add that to the
> dependencies in configure.ac ...

The reason is ridiculous: I had no --prefix=... argument for
configure! So some hard-code /usr/local path was used instead of what
CFLAGS or CPPFLAGS suggested.

When I first tried to compile X11R7.1 on Tiger Apple's libtool stuff
could not be used. The build process did not come to the stage of
compilation. I think it's older than X11R7 ...

Since Leopard is not offering an X11 with transparency I can easily
wait till Christmas 2009 to buy (then reasonably priced) and install
it. Until then I'll have some time to test Apple software whether
it's able to compile X11.

--
Greetings

   Pete

By filing this bug report you have challenged the honor of my family.
Prepare to die!