[Xquartz-dev] Tiger fixes in 1.4.2-apple24

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Freenet.DE
Thu Nov 27 04:02:50 PST 2008

Am 22.11.2008 um 23:50 schrieb Peter Dyballa:

>> 2) Why are you autoreconf-ing everything?  That often won't even work
>> unless you have all the dependents available (which sometimes isn't
>> the case) because of bad autotools etiquette when the packages are
>> put
>> together...
>
> The modular build script does this because often a change of source
> code is accompanied by changes of macros for configuring and building
> the module. When working on a problem and just changing the source
> code it's not necessary to run the whole build script, a simple make
> in the module's top directory would be enough. Changes to the macros
> would need a 'autoreconf -fvi' or such.

Decimating my to-do list: the modular/build.sh script accepts the -a
option which avoids autoreconf-ing everything.

I did not met yet this situation, usually I had updated the software
before – and only checked whether git had failed with some file that
I needed to check out manually.

--
Greetings

   Pete

I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've
always worked for me.
				– Hunter S. Thompson