[Xquartz-dev] 2.3.2_rc2

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at apple.com
Thu Nov 27 10:46:10 PST 2008

On Nov 27, 2008, at 06:38, Merle Reinhart wrote:

> Jeremy,
>
> It is looking good from my point-of-view thus far.
>
> A curiosity that I noticed is the executables oclock and xeyes seem
> to displace the graphics in the window (or it more looks like the
> window background starts underneath the top window bar rather than
> at the bottom edge of it with the graphics on the background being
> drawn properly), but I vaguely remember you mentioning issues with
> that earlier in the betas.

No, I've never seen this issue before... you may be confusing this
with my discussion about the OSX menu bar area being mapped to the X11
display (which it isn't any more).

I wonder if there is still a quirky bug in the ConfigureNotify...
hmm...  I'm definitely going to look into this before pushing out
2.3.2.  If you could put this in a bug report, that would be a big help.

> The ~/.xinitrc.d scheme seems to work quite well for me as it allows
> me to inject personal changes that apply to me, but not all the
> other users on the system without having to keep up with any future
> changes in the system xinitrc.  Nice!

Yeah, that was the main idea.  A couple people have requested it; I'm
glad it's useful.

Thanks,
Jeremy