[Xquartz-dev] Experiences with 2.3.2_rc1

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Freenet.DE
Thu Nov 27 14:57:47 PST 2008

Am 27.11.2008 um 16:00 schrieb Richard Tobin:

> What should I do to get a crash log?  Is it possible to attach to
> the server process with a debugger and see what it's doing?

Richard,

could be you need to enable the Crash Reporter first – with /
Developer/Applications/Utilities/CrashReporterPrefs.app (on Tiger).

On the command line, I think, you could just invoke

	defaults write com.apple.CrashReporter LogCrashes YES

Maybe another

	defaults write com.apple.CrashReporter DialogType developer

is necessary. The two other DialogType options, AFAIR, are basic and
server ...

--
Greetings

   Pete