[Xquartz-dev] Tiger fixes in 1.4.2-apple24

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Freenet.DE
Thu Nov 27 15:47:11 PST 2008

Am 23.11.2008 um 19:32 schrieb Jeremy Huddleston:

> This is triggered by privileged_startx on Leopard, but that doesn't
> build on Tiger... Try building xinit (you don't need to rebuild
> everything) with the '--with-launchd' configure option... then let me
> know how it fails.

Jeremy,

I'm sorry! I read and forgot this paragraph! But since I started to
rebuild X11R7.4 to instal directly in /usr/X11 some hours ago and it
ran into problems in the updated app/xinit, I re-configured xinit for
the first time with '--with-launchd' – but the failure is the same as
when without this option:

server.c: In function ‘server_main’:
server.c:156: error: ‘bname’ undeclared (first use in this function)
server.c:156: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
server.c:156: error: for each function it appears in.)
server.c: In function ‘do_privileged_startx’:
server.c:213: error: ‘idle_globals’ undeclared (first use in this
function)
server.c:216: warning: passing argument 1 of ‘fts_open’ from
incompatible pointer type
make[3]: *** [server.o] Error 1

--
Greetings

   Pete

We also sponsor National Invisible Chronic Illness Awareness Week
annually in September.
Join the millions