[Xquartz-dev] GLX updates on 2.3.2_rc2

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at apple.com
Sun Nov 30 15:00:39 PST 2008

2.3.2 is going to be an attempt to make GLX as good as possible with
fixes to the current libGL and the 1.4 branch of xorg-server.

After we push it out, I expect to devote full energy to the 1.5 server
branch.  GLX had some major changes between 1.4 and 1.5, and we're
fairly limited in what we can do using the 1.4 branch (mainly, we're
stuck at GLX 1.2, so no pbuffer support will appear until we move to
1.5).  George can fill in the lines here with more details if you're
curious.

The next major release should be 2.4.0 based off the xorg-server-1.5-
apple branch and a major update to libGL that George has been working
diligently on.

My advise to you is to thoroughly test your use of GLX in this release
for regressions over 2.3.1.  There is just one regression that I'm
aware of that is blocking the release of 2.3.2, so hopefully we'll
have that done soon, but in the mean time, test test test... but the
golden egg for you should hopefully be 2.4.0, so keep up with the
2.4.0 alphas, betas, and rcs as they come out to help us make the new
libGL work as well as possible for your apps.

Thanks,
Jeremy