[Xquartz-dev] 2.3.2_beta1

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at apple.com
Sun Oct 5 12:16:16 PDT 2008

I'd like to announce 2.3.2_beta1.  This release is not quite feature-
complete with everything that I want to appear in 2.3.2, but it's at a
good point to release for general testing and feedback since we have
some considerable upates.

Major changes include (full ChangeLog below):
Increased support for tablets in GDK based apps (Gimp, Inkscape, etc)
Improved clipboard synchronization
   - The copy-on-select option is not yet implemented
   - If you have a custom ~/.xinitrc, you may need to edit it to run
xpbproxy.  This will not be the case for the final release.
Improved Spaces interaction
   - Ctrl-arrow, Ctrl-num, and "dragging off screen" now works with
quartz-wm
Possible GLX stereo mode
   - defaults write org.x.X11 enable_stereo -boolean YES
   - Experimental, but please test and give feedback

http://static.macosforge.org/xquartz/downloads/X11-2.3.2_beta1.pkg

Thanks,
Jeremy

== Changes in 2.3.2 ==
   * All changes in X112.3.1 2.3.1 plus:
   * app:
     * quartz-wm
       * Cleaned up parenting of dialog and utility windows
       * Respond to new AppleWMReloadPreferences notification rather
than just SIGHUP
       * space-change shortcuts and dragging work to move windows to
other spaces
       * Fixed bug with --no-pasteboard option that didn't completely
disable it (it still grabbed PRIMARY in activate/deactivate)
       * defaults to --no-pasteboard when the server uses version 1.1
and greater of applewmproto
     * xterm 237
   * lib:
     * fontconfig 2.6.0
     * libpng 1.2.32
       * Note that our previous version was 1.2.26 and was not
affected by CVE-2008-3964.
     * libXau 1.0.4
     * libX11 1.1.5
     * mesa-7.2
       * For libGLU, libglut, glxgears, glxinfo
     * pixman 0.12.0
     * Xplugin
       * Cleaned up parenting of dialog and utility windows
   * proto:
     * applewmproto 1.1.0
       * AppleWMReloadPreferences notification
   * server:
     * Xquartz fixes from xorg-server-1.4.2-apple18
       * Send out AppleWMReloadPreferences notification to tell quartz-
wm and xpbproxy to reload preferences
       * Fix a crash in RootlessNativeWindowMoved when compiled for
64bit
       * Fix a possible crash on startup due to TSM not being thread
safe
       * Added new preferences UI for xpbproxy options
       * Disabled 8bit visuals while in TrueColor mode since they
don't work yet
       * Tabblet support improved for GDK-based applications (Gimp,
Inkscape, etc)
       * enable_stereo defaults option should work for enabling stereo
GLX visuals
       * Massive update of proxying between OSX pasteboard and X11
clipboard/primary buffers
         * Image support
         * Unicode support
         * Preference options available in the X11 Preferences window