[Xquartz-dev] 2.3.2_beta1

John Koren jpkoren at gmail.com
Sat Oct 11 01:04:02 PDT 2008

Jeremy

On Sat, Oct 11, 2008 at 12:10 AM, Jeremy Huddleston <jeremyhu at apple.com> wrote:
> cmd-v should never work.  There's no way to use it in X11.app, and it's not
> an option in the edit menu.

What I meant was that normally to copy  text  from, e.g. xterm or
rxvt, to a MacOS application, e.g. Word, one would do command-c in
xterm and command-v in Word. This did not seem work when xpbproxy was
running, but now it does.

In my X11.app I have all check marks related to pasteboard turned on.

Since I have my own .xinitrc, I added the following to it:
exec /usr/X11/bin/xpbproxy &
exec /usr/bin/quartz-wm

This results in a error message " A clipboard manager is already
running.  pbproxy will not sync clipboard to pasteboard." being
written in the system log.

I then tried:
xec /usr/X11/bin/xpbproxy &
exec /usr/bin/quartz-wm --no-pasteboard

which, got rid of the message but copy/paste does not work as I  would
expect it. What I was expecting that selecting the text in rxvt would
automaticly copy the text to the pasteboard so I could paste it in
Word. This does not happen.

 -John