[Xquartz-dev] 2.3.2_beta1

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at apple.com
Sat Oct 11 10:01:11 PDT 2008

On Oct 11, 2008, at 09:53, Dave Ray wrote:

> Copy/paste works as expected with xpbproxy, but only in the OS-X ->
> X11 direction. I never thought to check in the other direction until I
> read the recent post. Is this the intended behavior?

Is what intended behavior?  Yes, we intend the synchronization to work
both ways assuming you have the options checked in preferences.  The
only option not currently implemented is 'copy on select'

There is a bug in nedit (and we think other motif-based applications)
that results in data not being copied to the osx pasteboard on copy.
That is not a regression, though, since it was a bug in quartz-wm as
well.  This does not affect copying of PRIMARY via cmd-c, though.

> John Koren wrote
>> This results in a error message " A clipboard manager is already
>> running.  pbproxy will not sync clipboard to pasteboard." being
>> written in the system log.
>
> If you are getting this message, pbproxy is still being launched
> somehow, even though it is not in your .xinitrc.

Or any other application that claims the CLIPBOARD_MANAGER atom
(xclipboard, klipper, etc).